(ii) Personnel of Overseas Governments and International Organizations The applicant must have an employment contract with the foreign government or international organization. The applicant may not hold any employment other than that indicated in the sponsorship certificate for his promoter and should not intend to change the category of workers under the system of international agreements after entering the United Kingdom. Personnel of foreign governments and international organizations; and if you have entered into a contract for the performance of work under international law, you can apply for a Tier 5 – International Agreement visa. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and intend to work as a full-time domestic worker. Be employed and serve as a private agent in the budget of an agent of a diplomatic/consular mission; or a staff member employed by an international organization. The applicant can only work for his sponsor in this function. successful applicants under the subcategory of the Tier 5 international agreement (interim) are granted an entry permit valid for a maximum period of 2 years or for a recruitment period plus 14 days, whichever is shorter (unless it is a foreign government official or a private agent in a diplomatic household), in this case, the entry permit is granted for a maximum period of twelve months. or for the duration of the engagement plus 14 days if it is shorter). The category of international agreements is intended for persons entering Great Britain under contract to perform work under international law. To be eligible to apply in this category, you need a valid Tier 5 sponsorship certificate from a licensed Tier 5 sponsorship organization.

The work covered by this visa includes: usually up to one month after the work period indicated on your sponsorship certificate and up to 2 years with extension. You can stay longer if you apply as an employee of a foreign government or international organization or as a private agent in a diplomatic household. During their stay in the UK, people can upgrade to a Tier 5 visa (Temporary Workers – International Agreement) if they wish to continue working for the same employer. To upgrade to this visa, they must have a work permit and work for an international organization or foreign government. They can stay in Britain for two years or the date on their sponsorship certificate, in more than twenty-eight days. (i) General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) The applicant must work for a sponsor of a country that is a member of the World Trade Organization (WHO) and that has signed the agreement; a bilateral agreement with the UK or the EU; or member of the European Union. The applicant must have a job that meets the conditions of the indicated international agreement and, finally, work (if applicable) for the employer who was awarded the contract or provide services to the UK client. This scheme is for people who come to Great Britain to provide a service to the United Kingdom under a contractual agreement governed by international law. These include the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) or other international agreements, personnel of foreign governments and international organizations, as well as private staff in diplomatic homes. Tier 5 International Agreement Visa applicants must have funding of at least £945 unless their Tier 5 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only “A evaluated” sponsors have this option.

The visa category applicable to international agreements does not include the GATS intra-company transfer obligation or other similar obligations in other agreements. Those arriving in the UK under these agreements should be included in Unit 2 (Intra Company Transfer) of the points-based system. . . .